Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Pomp, Circumstance and Candy

This morning I attended the Class One graduation of my neighbor Naua. On the way to the ceremony I noticed two giant boxes full of “kahoa” necklaces made out of candy and fresh flowers in the car.



Once the class rank of the five year olds had been announced to the masses, I was instructed by Naua's mother, Uai, to help carry the kahoas to the stage.

I proceeded to put one kahoa around each child's head. I assumed by the sheer number of kahoas that were placed in my arms that I was to give one to everybody in the class; I was mistaken.
After I had placed kahoas around several children’s necks, I looked over to see each family placing an inordinate amount of kahoas around their respective child’s neck and arms.

I realized my mistake and quickly joined Uai in placing one kahoa after another around Naua’s extremities until she was immobilized.














I can only imagine what transpires at college graduation ceremonies.








too much candy...

crash

No comments: